Transom Window House Numbers
Gold Leaf House Numbers
You might have seen beautiful, gold-leaf transom address numbers painted right on the windows of your neighbors or local businesses. You might’ve even thought about getting something just like that for your home. We at Design & Sign would love to provide you with our transom window services to make your home or business’s numerical address more stylish, warm, and welcoming. While painting house numbers on glass may be simple enough, we make sure that they look as distinctive and well-done, with appropriate outlining and shading.
Transom House Numbers
We can install fantastic transom window house numbers in the , Baltimore, and Washington DC areas. These numbers will not only make your house numbering distinctive, but also stylish and fanciful. The process we use is very simple but effective for applying the numbers. Once you commit to one of our projects we will then provide you with:
- A custom font portfolio for your review
- A scale drawing for your approval
Once you’ve approved a final drawing, we’ll plan the installation date according to your availability during the weekday. Once we’ve arranged a date and time at your house, our installer will arrive early in the morning. The work should be done in about 4 hours, in which the transom window house numbers will be finished.
The most traditional style and finish can be provided with our 23 karat XX gold leaf and palladium leaf. All of our transom window house numbers are installed on the second surface of your transom in two layers to create a perfect mirror finish. Your numbers will have a black painted outline and they can also include a shadow if requested. The outline is always used to create a contrast between the gold leaf and the transparent glass. When a shadow is added, we can get a stronger contrast and have a greater visual impact.
Let’s start a new project together. Call us (410) 798-5115
Transom Window House Numbers & Commercial Glass Gilding
Links to some of our glass gilding projects and transom house numbers. Each of these posts contains photos and information about each particular job.
- gold leaf numbers in Washington DC – 712
- gold leaf transom numbers – 1833 in Baltimore City
- gold leaf numbers in Washington DC – 4113
- gold leaf address in Washington DC – 1645
- glass gilding – All Souls Bar in Washington DC
- gold leaf numbers – 1743
- gold leaf in Washington DC – Songbyrd Cafe / Adams Morgan
- transom numbers – 902
- glass gilding in Washington DC -Barcelona Restaurant
- glass gilding – Shinola (at the old location)
- glass gilding – 1204
- glass gilding at Mt. Washington Tavern in North Baltimore
- glass gilding – 2018
- glass gilding – The John-Logan-House – Historic Restoration in Washington DC
- gold leaf transom numbers – 1110
- glass gilding transom numbers – 504
- glass gilding – Jack Wills in Charlottesville,Virginia
- glass gilding – An Historical Church Transom in Annapolis, Maryland
- glass gilding – 1441 transom numbers
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take to install the transom house numbers?
Once the design is approved, and the meeting with our installer is arranged, the process should take up to a maximum of 4 hours.
How easy is it to apply the gold leaf house number?
Fairly easy, once the installer comes we apply design that was agreed upon before. For the fancy, traditional style we apply 23 karat gold leaf and palladium leaf on your transom window. Each house number will have a black outline and if you wish we can add nice shadowing for a special effect.
How long will transom house numbers last?
As they are applied directly on the second surface of your transom in two layers, they last for many years. Replacing or fixing is only needed if the glass is broken or replaced completely.
Is it necessary to clean it with special detergents?
Absolutely not, water is perfect enough. Just avoid washing them with anything that resembles scourer.
Ready to get a new front door? Drop us an email