Custom Quarterboard Signs
Every ship since 1815 must have its name on the stern. This old maritime law also states that the board for the name (or quarterboard) should be placed on the ship bow or quarter panel.
We make quarterboards for your ship from a vast choice of teak and mahogany. The letters are carved by hand and finished with 23 karat gold leaf. The letters are then outlined by hand with a pinstriping brush.
We ship out quarterboards to locations around the globe. Once you commit to working with us, we provide you with:
- a custom font portfolio for your review
- a scale drawing for your approval
When the final drawing has been approved we select your lumber and begin shaping and carving your boards. The process requires three weeks to complete. When the boards are ready to ship we collect the balance due and we ship them to you with insurance.
Let’s start a new project together. Call us (410) 798-5115
23 karat XX gold leaf and palladium leaf provide you with the most traditional style and finish. All of our quarterboards are finished by hand with spar varnish. We use 6 coats of varnish to start. Then after the gold leaf and outline are done, we finish your quarterboards with 6 more coats of spar varnish. Your boards should be maintained yearly with a light sand and a fresh coat of varnish. We also offer white canvas board covers which will protect your boards from unnecessary UV exposure while your vessel is docked.
All about Spar VARNISH!
Hand-made Quarterboards / Life Rings / Gold Leaf Boat Lettering.
- Carved Teak Quarterboards -Mallard
- Teak Name Boards with Gold Leaf – Island Time
- Hand Carved Teak Boards for Spirit
- Carved Quarterboards with Gold Leaf – Remedy
- Mahogany Quarterboards – Mystic Lady
- Carved Quarterboards – Ravello
- Teak Side Boards – Carinya
- Carved Boards – Otter
- Carved Quarterboards – Aquarius
- Quarterboards – Lady K
- Carved Quarterboards – Belle Aurore
Ready to have your Yacht looking great? Drop us an email